KPMG Law Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH in Germany (KPMG Law) and KPMG Abogados in Spain provided legal advice to the Toppan Group on the acquisition of 40 percent of the shares in Decotec Printing, S.A. from Financiera Maderera, S.A.. As a result of the purchase, the Toppan Group now holds 100 percent of the share capital of Decotec Printing – the remaining 60 percent was already acquired in 2017.
Decotec Printing is a Spanish company based in Barcelona that provides solutions for the decorative paper industry, designing and supplying printed paper for the melamine and board coating, plastic laminate and laminate flooring sectors. The buyer, the Toppan Group, founded in Tokyo in 1900, is a diversified global provider of sustainable, integrated solutions in printing, communications, security, packaging, decorative materials, electronics and digital transformation.
KPMG Law and KPMG Abogados provided comprehensive legal services to the Toppan Group during the acquisition. The German KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft and KPMG Law have been advising the Toppan Group for years on activities in Germany and other European countries, in particular the German Toppan subsidiary Interprint GmbH in Arnsberg, North Rhine-Westphalia.
Consultant Toppan Group:
(Partner), Alejandro Blázquez (Senior Manager), Marina Molina (Associate, all Corporate and M&A)
© 2023 KPMG Law Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, associated with KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft, a public limited company under German law and a member of the global KPMG organisation of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Limited, a Private English Company Limited by Guarantee. All rights reserved. For more details on the structure of KPMG’s global organisation, please visit https://home.kpmg/governance.
KPMG International does not provide services to clients. No member firm is authorised to bind or contract KPMG International or any other member firm to any third party, just as KPMG International is not authorised to bind or contract any other member firm.